You’re Hired – Interview Skills Training
Before applying for a job, it is important that you brush up on your interview skills. The interview is often the final hurdle for job applicants to overcome. It doesn’t matter what qualifications you have, or how experienced you are, if you cannot impress the interviewers you won’t be hired for that dream job.
What makes you stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons?
How can you prepare for the job interview and ensure you offer up interview answers that make a powerful impression in the interview?
What’s covered in the course?
This one day course will help you to ensure your job interview techniques are first class. During the training we will explore:
- The most common interview mistakes.
- What to do before, during and after the interview.
- Identifying transferable skills, strengths and development opportunities
- Developing an understanding of the interview format and process.
- Understanding the role of the interviewer and interviewee.
- Communication; vocal, verbal and non-verbal and making a memorable impression
- Dress, interview language and overcoming nerves.
- Answering questions, interview questions you’ll likely be asked, including difficult ones.
- Researching the job and the organisation.
- The interview competencies checklist.
We will put it all into practice through role play activities and you will receive a practical workbook with all the key reminders to take away with you.
Who should attend?
Whether you have been made redundant, are facing redundancy, are looking to change jobs or are looking for your first job we can help you with professional and cost effective job interview skills.
When and where?
Date: Tuesday 6th November 2018, 10am to 3.30pm
Venue: Grosvenor House, Glengall Street, Belfast BT12 5AD
Who is the trainer?
Jean Haworth is from Ballymena and has over 30 years’ experience working in a variety of demanding roles. She managed a number of departments including Training and Development, Customer Service and Operations for a large corporate company and since 2001 has been delivering high quality training and development solutions to the public, private, voluntary and community sectors. Jean specialises in Leadership, Team Building, Customer Service and Interview Skills training.
Jean has extensive experience of recruitment and selection processes. With over 20 years’ experience as an interviewer, including 10 years as an assessor for the Commissioner for Public Appointments in N.Ireland, Jean has an exceptional insight and understanding of the interview process. She brings many of these skills and experiences to her Interviewing Skills Training and has successfully coached job seekers from school leavers to board members using both traditional and competency-based models.