SEO FOR BEGINNERS
Does the term “Search Engine Optimisation” give you a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? If so, this is the course for you as it provides a simple overview of the basic principles of Search Engine Optimisation or SEO for short.
The SEO for Beginners course is a practical course for anyone wanting to improve their skills in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Business owners, digital marketers and bloggers will pick up some useful tips in this bite-sized course. After all, every business wants to rank at the top of the search engine results page (SERP) but this takes a determined and continuous effort at carrying out SEO actions.
What's covered in the course
- How do search engines work
- Keyword research – what it is and how to do it.
- Writing URLs, page titles and meta descriptions which are search engine friendly
- Headings – what’s the difference between a H1 and H2 heading?
- Images – describing your images and adding alt-tags
- Blogs – why it is important to blog regularly
- Offsite SEO – how to get more backlinks to your website
- Local searches – using Google My Business to attract more local traffic
Who should attend the course?
Basically anyone who is involved with writing or adding content to a website including:
- Small business owners who are trying to improve organic traffic to their website.
- Web designers who know how to add content to a website but struggle with the SEO side of things.
- Digital marketing students who understand SEO theory but are unsure as to how it works practically.
- Bloggers with excellent writing skills but are not getting the organic traffic they would like for their blogs.
The SEO for Beginners online course will be taken by Chartered Marketer Lynda Willis who has been delivering marketing training for over 15 years.
As the owner of Customer Sense, Lynda Willis has firsthand experience of implementing SEO principles on her own website. She has worked with many businesses and helped them to improve their search engine rankings. She is an examiner with the Digital Marketing Institute and has completed courses at the Yoast SEO Academy.
The important stuff
How is the course delivered?
This is an online course and it is delivered to attendees via Zoom. Delegates will be able to see the trainer and the slides as well as being encouraged to make comments via the chat function and to make verbal comments too.
Like to find out more?
Not the course that you are looking for? Then check out some of our other courses.
Regardless of which industry sector you work in, you are dealing with customers. It is essential to look after them otherwise they could head off to your competitors. This introductory course is a good reminder of why excellent customer service is needed and remind you of the basic principles.
As customers increasingly use social media to contact businesses, this has resulted in a need for social media customer service training. This course will help you meet the new challenges as customers contact your business via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.